Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Boy or Girl!?!?!

So we find out in exactly one week what the sex is. I can hardly contain my excitment these days and have trouble concentrating on other things, hence the 7 different chinese baby predictors I did online yesterday while in class. Result: inconclusive. 5 said it's a girl and 2 said it's a boy!

My friends tell me they think I'm having a boy, but my family thinks it's a girl - and for good reason - my family is prone to having girls. In fact, I've been told since a very young age that my genes eat male sperm. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but here's the stats- my father had 3 sisters, and 3 daughters - no brothers and no sons. My mother had 5 sisters, 2 brothers, and 3 daughters. I have 27 cousins on my Mother's side of the family, and all but 5 are girls.

I'm also having vivid dreams about my baby, but these seem to be even more confusing than the chinese baby predictors... Every night is different - boy, girl, girl, boy. Not only is the sex of the baby different in each dream, but my motherly tactics are becoming questionable. In one dream I tied giant balloons to the baby, this time a girl, until she floated into the sky and out of sight, presumably never to be seen again :( And in another dream, I left my baby in the car and went shopping!! I've decided that these dreams are supposed to be little life lessons about what not to do to my baby - I think I'll be a much better mother in real life, or at least let's hope so...

Seven days and counting... We find out on April 16th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment