Sunday, May 31, 2009

One Baby Shower, Five Pregos, One BIG Baby!!!

Yesterday I attended my first of five baby showers this summer. Don't worry, only two of those showers are for me, but there is definitely something in the water around here! Everyone is pregnant!!

So yesterday, I went to my sister's neighbor Jaclyn's baby shower. All the women were buzzing about how many pregnant girls there were there - Me, Emily, Nikki, another girl I don't know, and of course Jaclyn. Five of us, or should I say ten :) , in one room. Anyway, long story short, everyone kept coming up to me and asking me when I am due. They were all shocked to learn that I am due in September because I look like I am "about to pop".

One woman said, "you must be due any day now", I quickly told her I am not due until September at which time another lady, who I later learned is a mother of twins, was convinced I was having twins, and kept asking me over and over again if I was sure that there weren't two babies in there... I mean seriously?!?! I am only 26 weeks!!

Truth be told, I am about the same size as Jaclyn, who is due the beginning of July, so I guess I am pretty big for being only 26 weeks, but these women were really freaking me out!! What kind of Amazon child am I carrying around?

No comments:

Post a Comment